13 July 2011

Christmas in July

I think I will dedicate this post to my most recent roommate, because I know how much she loves Christmas music out of season. (Hint: she doesn't!)


Here I am, with goosebumps (but no Weasley Christmas sweater) and a major craving for a tree shaped cookie covered in icing. Maybe in a few months.

If you can't tell, I love Christmas. The actual day isn't that special at my house - we really have almost no Christmas traditions. We don't even get up early to open presents. Usually no one even mentions them until my mom makes us open them late in the afternoon. I think it stems from the fact that when we were kids my siblings and I would beg our parents to let us open our presents right away and they would torture us by doing everything super slowly just to make us wait extra long.
But I love the whole atmosphere of Christmas. I love the chill in the air, the Christmas television specials, the Salvation Army Santa bells, the music, and the smells of peppermint, hot chocolate, snow, and pine, weaving through crowded malls to find the perfect gift...I think all of it is wonderful.
Here's some Christmas music that I love. Feel free to spread Christmas cheer by blasting the volume and singing loud for all to hear!



Speaking of Christmas specials, I love the cartoon Grinch, Charlie Brown, and Elf. Seriously - Best. Christmas movie. Ever. What are your favorites?

Love,
Scout

P.S. You might like this clip from Gilmore Girls. It's not the one I wanted, but it was the best I could do. Or, rather, I was too lazy to search really hard and find the one I wanted, from the beginning of "Love and War and Snow".

3 comments:

Andrea Manz said...

So not as good as "Love, War, and Snow" haha, but I DO love the Lorelei/snow episodes.

Julia Pugh said...

While I do applaud you on your good taste in Christmas music and movies (what is there not to like about Elf?), I really must stand my ground and say that Christmas in July (or February or October or...you get the idea) is still a no-go. And I'm so glad that my lovely roommate understood that for me last year :) But since you're many, many hours from Georgia, I say that you should carry on with your mid-summer Christmas happiness and enjoy it!

Anna said...

I am 100% with you on the love of Christmas. Julia and i have had this argument pretty much every year I'm sure because I start listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving and loving the Christmas-ness and she almost had a heart attack when I brought a couple of Christmas CDs to listen to on the drive home for Thanksgiving break. Oooh... now I want it to be Christmas-time.