21 September 2011

Feeling Crafty

Today I finally figured out my sewing machine. All that was wrong was I didn't know how to thread it correctly, so it was easy once I found something to show me how to thread it properly. I decided my first project should be a bag, mostly because I wanted one. I used this pattern. I'm a new to sewing, but this bag is definitely manageable. The worst part, in my opinion, was cutting all of the fabric. I hate small details.

Anyway. The pockets of the bag didn't seem as tall when I made it as they did in the picture, and instead of sewing the strap on the outside, I sewed it between the two layers of the bag. Here are some photos, though they aren't very good.

Inside pocket

Corner detail


Love,
Scout

1 comment:

Lydia Beth said...

That's so awesome! :)

If I remember correctly, you owe me a birthday present... ;) haha.