22 September 2011

Pity Party

I am not feeling well today. I just feel really lame. I get very bored with my life, and usually I manage - I'm a pretty lazy person - but some days I just get very glum. Like today.

Today I feel like I can't do anything right. I tried to cook something and I didn't like it. I tried to make microwave brownies for my family, but that didn't work out (note: the recipe was pretty good, but insanely rich. It didn't work out for other reasons). I'm in the midst of trying to make another bag, similar to the one I made yesterday, but it's not working out, either. The fabric I picked out is too flimsy.

I want to feel cute and confident and like my life is full of fun times and great friends, but the truth is, it isn't. I am an exceptionally boring person. If I'm creative, it's because I want something and can't afford to buy it. And nearly all of my friends are ten hours away from me. I think where I am now is not a place where I can have roots. Nothing seems to pan out.

It's strange, but that thought is kind of encouraging. If I don't fit here, that means there's something else for me. For now I'll continue working and improving the creative skills I do have.

Anyway, I'm sure y'all don't read my blog to hear me be sad, but I just wanted to vent some. Thanks!

Love,
Scout

No comments: