17 October 2011

Mum's the Word

I'm going to start out today's post by telling you about one of my favorite movies: Neverwas. Neverwas is a drama/fantasy heartwarming psychological movie. Not psychological and disturbing like Seven or Fight Club, but it does make you think and it does deal with psychological issues.
Most people have never heard of Neverwas, which I find strange because it stars Sir Ian McKellan, Aaron Eckhart, and Brittany Murphy. I'm not going to try to explain it, because it's difficult to do so and I don't want to risk giving anything away. So I'll just show you the trailer!



And, of course, all that leads up to today's composer, Philip Glass, who composed the music for Neverwas. His music always has a very strong rhythm. I don't always love his stuff, but I adore the Neverwas soundtrack because it feels very whimsical and like a fairytale, which fits perfectly with the movie. I can't find the soundtrack online, so here's a tiny taste of his music. 




Check out Philip Glass' website


Love,
Scout

No comments: