20 December 2011

Crate Redecorate


I am a big fan of using wooden crates as storage (tip: sometimes you can find them for super cheap at roadside fruitstands). However, I get a little nervous about storing different things in them because I don't want the unsanded wood to damage anything. Specifically, I wanted to store my yarn in them because it'd look pretty and that matters to me, but I didn't want to mess up my yarn. My quick fix? Hot gluing pretty fabric to the inside to keep the wood from snagging my yarn. Here's what I did:


1. Pick pretty fabric
2. Measure fabric to fit inside panels of your crate. I placed the fabric inside of mine and traced around the edges. It didn't look perfect, but I'm okay with that. Measuring might give you a more perfect fit, but it might not - some crates have...more character...than others, so they might not be perfectly straight to begin with.
3. Cut out fabric pieces and glue to the inside of your crate.
4. Fill your crate with pretty things. Or practical things, if that's how you roll.


I would recommend that, if you are taking photos of the whole process, you use better angles than I did. Oh well. Something to work on.

Love,
Scout

No comments: