21 March 2012

Artist Spotlight: Guns N Roses

Guns N Roses is a rock band that originated in California in 1985, with Axl Rose as lead singer and the legendary Slash as lead guitarist. Apparently the band is still active (though Axl is the only original member), but I haven't heard anything new about them...well, ever. 

Anyway, they have some pretty cool music. Theirs is probably the hardest music that I've listened to and actually enjoyed. Axl Rose has this incredible screamy voice that I really can't describe, but love. They are also responsible for my favorite song of all time, Sweet Child O Mine.


Here's a taste of some of their other music. 


Check out their website.

Love,
Scout

2 comments:

Meli said...

Hi! I just found your blog the other day, and I like it a lot! I started listening to Guns and Roses last year because we were playing Sweet Child O'Mine for a marching band show, and they stuck! Sometimes you just need stuff like this, even if it makes no sense in the context of what I usually like..Good post!

Scout said...

Hey, thanks, Meli! I completely agree. It's not my normal style at all, but I love them! That's so cool that you played Sweet Child O Mine for a marching band show!