02 March 2012

Friday Love

Bernadette Peters, the Muppets, and this song.
You can watch the Jim Henson memorial service version below. It's very beautiful.

This documentary is my new favorite. I grew up watching the Muppets - The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock - so it was so wonderful to watch this documentary. I've added "meeting the Muppets" to my bucket list. Anyway, I never even liked Elmo before watching this. 

Umm...Let's just continue the theme here. You guys need to watch this video, just for the first song. This is the puppeteers singing some of Jim Henson's favorite songs. The first one immediately became my favorite, too.

P.S. The song at about five minutes in? That's a poem by Winnie the Pooh author, A.A. Milne. 
P.P.S. I like how some of them look like their puppets.

I really didn't intend to have a Muppet themed post, but since it's already looking that way, I might as well say that these are the Muppets I love most. (Note: I prefer the older Gonzo to the newer one).

All images via Muppet Wiki

Trivia:
Did you know that this song was originally going to be the Sesame Street theme song?
Did you know that Michael Jackson sued Sesame Street because they did a parody of The Beatles' Let It Be (parody found here), which Jackson owned the rights to? 

Okay, I'll be done now. 
Love,
Scout

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love grover and animal :)

Also the swedish chef.

Scout said...

I love trying to sing along with the Swedish Chef :)