10 March 2012

Lovely Weather Means Reading Outside

The weather has been amazing lately! Warm (ish) and very windy.
I love wind.
Since the weather has been so nice, I've been reading outside - wearing my grandma sweater, drinking green tea, and feeling awesome. Lately I've been reading Pride and Prejudice. I know the story fairly well - having read the book twice (once abridged), participated in the play, and seen both movie versions numerous times. I have never liked it, though, until last month. I was watching the movie and decided that it was very important for me to know what Darcy was thinking at that moment (I don't even remember which moment), so I had to get online and order the book right then. And guess what? I love it. I love it so much, and I think that's so strange because it made me really angry before - her family really is so annoying.
Anyway.
(The line on the top of page 129? Definitely one of the best.) 


What do you think of Pride and Prejudice?
What have you been reading lately?

Love,
Scout

1 comment:

Andrea Manz said...

Weee! I love this book! And that is a great line.
I just finished Catcher in the Rye, which was not what I expected, but pretty good. Since then I've just been reading travel books :)