11 April 2012

Artist Spotlight: Whitley

Indie Jane recently reminded me how much I love Whitley - read her post here.

I first heard about Whitley through a commercial. I can't remember the commercial, but they played his song I Remember. I had to look it up, and soon after fell in love with all of his music.
Whitley is an Australian musician whose style is similar to M. Ward - which, I'm realizing, is how I describe most of the artists I talk about on here. Whatever. Whitley's music is catchy, light, and intricate, and his voice is soothing and fantastic, so you should just listen to it.


Check out his Myspace.

Love,
Scout

3 comments:

Andrea Manz said...

I like this. He reminds me of someone, not M. Ward (though his voice is similar, the style is really different in my opinion), but I can't put my finger on it.

Meli said...

I like this a lot! I was a little unsure at first; it almost sounded like it was going the direction of being really synthy, but it was worth the 2 second wait. Good find!

Scout said...

Andrea - let me know if you figure out who he reminds you of, because he probably reminds me of the same person.
Meli - I'm so glad you lasted that extra two seconds! It can be hard to do sometimes.