12 September 2012

Artist Spotlight: Edith Piaf


Lately I've been looking up ways to get to France (and I don't mean flights). Yesterday, when I was feeling especially excited about the hope of someday going to France, I decided to listen to Edith Piaf. She's French and she's a jazzy singer - could there be a better combination?

Yes. The answer is yes. Listen to this song, and tell me that you aren't so much more excited about her.


I freaked out a little when I heard this song. Do you recognize it? Do you know what it's from? If you don't, you probably won't be very excited. Sorry.

Edith Piaf is a French nightclub singer from the 1930s and 1940s. She is known for the songs La Vie En Rose and Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (the one you just listened to). Also, if you like random facts, Marlene Deitrich was her matron of honor for her second marriage.


Read more about her here.

Love,
Scout

3 comments:

Andrea Manz said...

Ha! At first I only recognized it from Babe, but I know which movie you probably mean instead :)

Lindsay Eryn said...

Darn it, Scout, now -I- want to go to France, too!

Scout said...

Early November - Ha! All I remember about Babe is that there's a talking pig. And my mom hates it. But apparently it has good music!

Lindsay - GGGOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You can go with me! :)